Mission and Vision
The Da Vinci Academy incorporates the following principles which Da Vinci used throughout his life to discover and innovate:
- Curiosita (insatiable curiosity)
- Dimostrazione (ability to persevere in the face of failure)
- Senzasione (continual refinement of the senses)
- Sfumato (willingness to accept ambiguity)
- Arte/Scienza (ability to integrate art and science)
- Corporalita (continual refinement of physical grace and fitness)
- Connessione (recognition and appreciation of the interconnectedness of all things)
We do this by integrating the arts throughout the curriculum, providing a rigorous, individualized curriculum and challenging the students with individual and group work.
Why Da Vinci Academy?
To provide our students a real-world, project-based, college preparatory curriculum. We create and support a culture of high expectations for all, where students grow in knowledge and wisdom, develop new skills, and form safe and strong relationships with teachers, peers, parents, and the community.
A Day at Da Vinci Academy
Subjects are taught in large blocks of time for language arts and mathematics. Lessons are individualized according to informal and formal assessments. The last hour of the day is spent doing enrichment activities designed to make the curriculum come alive such as dramatic arts, visual arts, physical education, and leadership classes.
- On-Site Instruction Days – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 8:30 am – 2:30 pm and Friday 8:30 am – 11:30 am
- State-Credentialed Teachers
- Assistant Classroom Educator in each classroom
The Community is our Classroom
Students are invited to several field trips throughout the year which correspond to the history and/or science topics discussed in class.