District English Learner Advisory Committee
The District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) is comprised of parents of English Learners. They meet four times a year to review and make recommendations regarding the following:
- Development of a district master plan for education programs and services for English learners. The district master plan will take into consideration the school site master plans.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and/or teacher aide requirements.
- Review and comment on the school district reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
- If the DELAC acts as the English learner parent advisory committee under California Education Code Sections 52063(b)(1) and 52062(a)(2), the DELAC shall also review and comment on the development or annual update of the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP).*
2020/2021 DELAC Meeting Dates and Times
November 9, 2020
|Approve The School Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)|
December 3, 2020
|Reclassification & Communication|
February 9, 2021
|Review ELD Mid Year Achievement Data|
May 18, 2021
|ELD Program Goals and Objectives for 21-22|
Zoom links will be sent to all parents of English Learners prior to each meeting until we are able to meet in person again.
For more information or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- May 19, 2020: Agenda – Minutes
- May 20, 2020: Agenda – Minutes
- May 26, 2020: Agenda – Minutes
- May 27, 2020: Agenda – Minutes
- November 9, 2020: Agenda – Minutes
- December 3, 2020: Agenda – Minutes
- February 9, 2021: Agenda – Minutes
- May 18, 2021: Agenda – Minutes