Leonardo Da Vinci has been widely regarded as the greatest genius of all time. His fearless approach to learning has contributed to many of the greatest discoveries of mankind. Using these Da Vinci pillars will enable students to not only identify problems but to solve them as well.
The Da Vinci Academy incorporates the following principles which Da Vinci used throughout his life to discover and innovate:
- Curiosita (insatiable curiosity)
- Dimostrazione (ability to persevere in the face of failure)
- Senzasione (continual refinement of the senses)
- Sfumato (willingness to accept ambiguity)
- Arte/Scienza (ability to integrate art and science)
- Corporalita (continual refinement of physical grace and fitness)
- Connessione (recognition and appreciation of the interconnectedness of all things)
We do this by integrating the arts throughout the curriculum, providing a rigorous, individualized curriculum and challenging the students with individual and group work.
How Do We Personalize Learning?
Students are given the opportunity to engage in their interests and create projects to demonstrate their understanding. Students learn a variety of techniques in order to understand, analyze and synthesize new knowledge. The Power Tools were designed using time-tested techniques and process which help students choose the tool that will best help them learn new material.
Why Personalize Learning?
Students who are engaged in their learning will love learning for life!
Students track their progress using Springs Charter’s key skills.