Students in the 7th & 8th grades who want to work at the high school level should note the following:
- Another school may not accept the units
- Only A-G mathematics and A-G foreign language courses can be considered for high school credit
- Parents must request for the courses to be added to the student’s high school transcript.
For example, 7th or 8th grade students may take A-G Algebra 1A & 1B, then A-G Geometry A & B, etc. to begin their high school math sequence.
A-G approved high school courses have specific course descriptions and curriculum requirements. Please contact the Guidance Department at 951-252-8833 to speak with a counselor about the A-G approved foreign language and math courses which are available to middle school students.
Placement Criteria for Math Courses: The following multiple measures should be considered when placing students in the middle school math sequence.
- Scantron Math Assessment results
- Other recommended math assessments from the Assessment Toolbox (as appropriate)
- Current math course performance on homework, quizzes and test scores
- Teacher observations and recommendations