Take one class and get BOTH High School and College Credit
Barstow Community College and Springs Charter school have a joint mission to assist students to complete college credits while enrolled in high school. Students can earn a high school diploma as well as a college degree.
Start your college journey now for FREE! through Barstow Community Colleges’ Career Ready Academy Dual Enrollment program.
Dual enrollment allows high school students to take college classes. These classes may count for both high school and college credit. High school students who complete dual enrollment classes generally take fewer classes in college and save money on total college costs!
Why wait? You can get started on your AA degree, certificate requirements or begin your general education courses for transfer to Cal State and University of California schools, or 4 year private or out-of-state colleges.
Eligibility and Restrictions:
9th – 12th Grade Students
Who Can Participate?
All Springs 9th-12th grade students who have the support of their parents, a recommendation from their ES/TOR, and verification from a high school counselor.
What Courses are offered?
Barstow Academic 2022-2023 school year.
2. ARTS 1 Art History & Appreciation: Prehistory through the Middle Ages (3 units)
3. ARTS 2 Art History & Appreciation: Early Renaissance to Post Modern (3 units)
4. BADM 5 Introduction to Business (3 units)
5. CHLD 4 Child Growth & Development (3 units)
6. COMM 1 Elements of Public Speaking (4 units)
7. COMM 3: Interpersonal Communications (3 units)
8. COMM 5 Introduction to Communication Theory (3 units)
9. ENGL 1A English Composition & Reading (3 units)
10. ENGL 1C Critical Thinking & Composition (4 units)
11. ETHN 1 Introduction to Ethnic Studies (3 units)
12. HEAL 2 Nutrition (3 units)
13. HUMA 1 Humanities throughout the Arts (3 units)
14. HUMA 4 Survey of Film (3 units) FRESHMAN YEAR RECOMMENDED
15. MATH 2 Introduction to Statistics (4 units)
16. MATH 3 College Algebra (4 units)
17. MATH 5 College Math for Liberal Arts (3 units)
18. PSYC 1 Introduction to Psychology (3 units)
19. SDEV 5 Career and Life Planning (3 units) FRESHMAN YEAR RECOMMENDED
20. SOCI 1 Introduction to Sociology (3 units)
How to Apply:
Applications are NOW being accepted for the Academic School Year 2022-2023
For information on all programs offered through Barstow Community College, please reach out to your counselor, or email Kathy Crudo, College/Career Technician at email@example.com