Come on out for some “Oz-some” Reading Activities that emphasize heart, knowledge, courage, and HOME! This is an opportunity for your child to choose their favorite fiction book and create a Cereal Box Book Review to proudly display their completed project. This event will include educational reading centers, crafts, make it/take activities and the entertainment of a Reader’s Theater! Toddlers may visit our “Kiddie Korral”. Each participating student that completes a project will receive a “goodie bag” and a Certificate of Participation at our Ceremony of Recognition. This fun-filled morning will be the perfect time to explore new activities and take-home mementos that remind them “Readers are Leaders!”
TIME: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Cereal box set-up and sharing
- 10:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Welcome and Readers’ Theater main stage event
- 10:35 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Reading centers
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:15 p.m. Campfire snack time
- 12:20 p.m. – 12:40 p.m. Readers’ Theater main stage event
- 12:50 p.m. – Ceremony of Recognition
FOOD: Yummy themed treats, juice, water, and coffee. A substantial snack will be provided
ADDITIONAL INFO: Parents must be with toddlers at all times. This event includes a large group assembly!
Click here for the Cereal Box Book Review Instructions
Questions? Email Jennifer Wiersma at email@example.com