Drama students are learning :
- The act of breathing life into words on a page and creating an authentic living human being where there was none before, is a wondrous undertaking that requires courage and commitment.
- Creativity happens through focused attention and the daily practice of artistic discipline.
- The act of creative discovery can only happen in a nurturing and supportive learning environment of trust and respect for self, others and the work.
- The process is as valuable as the product. Measures of success are based on growth and discovery. Growth and discovery must be celebrated!
- Ensemble is everything: the synergy of a group is far more potent than the individual alone.
Dancers at the academy are involved in the study of daily technique, including: classical and modern dance. But there is also a strong emphasis on nurturing the artistry of the student, and helping them to find an authentic and innovative voice.
Today, the world is more complex, competitive and demanding than ever before. Young people often need to balance school, work and relationships while at the same time, working and planning for their future. This class can help teens become more confident and better able to cope with the pressure and stress adolescents face. RWA Leadership is designed to prepare young people for the real world. It gives them the skills they need to reach their goals and live up to their full potential – at school, home, and work.
Student of the Month (Murrieta Chamber of Commerce)
The program currently honors 270 students a year from 26 high schools and alternative education programs in Lake Elsinore, Murrieta, Perris/Menifee, and Temecula. Two students, a boy and a girl, are recognized at the breakfast or luncheon each month. The program has over 240 local business and organization sponsors, plus it is supported by local, state, and federal elected officials. The Murrieta Program is chaired by Margaret Jones of A-1Tuscany Travel and co-chaired by Jennifer Mejares Pham, the 2002 MVHS Student of the Year. The Temecula Program is chaired by Jennifer Mejares Pham.
Eagle Pride Assemblies
We have Eagle Pride Assemblies each month to celebrate students who exemplify certain character traits and who earn student of the month for each teacher. Once a month RWA rewards GPA and citizenship through incentives such as ordering out lunch from a favorite local fast food restaurant, games, prizes.
RWA Annual “Dare to Soar” Awards
In 2009 we began this event to honor our students in the many fields in which they excel. It is an opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate not just running a school but truly celebrating the success of our students in the many areas that they flourish at RWA.