K-6th grades utilize various curricula:
• Language Arts – Houghton-Mifflin, Reading A-Z, iReady Language Arts, as well as various novel-based and PBL projects. Our teachers are using supplemental pieces to personalize and challenge students at their levels (Reading A-Z, iReady, and Readtheory.org)
• Math – McGraw Hill My Math (K-5), McGraw Hill California Math (6-8), ST Math and iReady Math work very well as a curriculum that is Common Core aligned and can easily be utilized in our personalization for school and for home. ST Math and iReady Math allow for personalization, both at school and home.
• Social Studies – California Studies Weekly and teacher created PBL projects and materials are used to explore History events. The Studies Weekly program is online also so it is available for students both at home and on campus.
• Science – Science Studies Weekly and teacher created PBL projects and materials are used to explore Science. Each class on Thursday does S.T.E.A.M activities that focus on grade level topics. Our teachers present science in exciting ways, while also allowing parents to bring it alive at home.
For grades K-6, PE, STEM, art, music, and electives are integrated into the core subjects during classroom days and plentiful time is allocated for students to pursue their individual interests during home study days.
7th and 8th grade curriculum:
• Language Arts – “I CAN” Language Arts, iReady Language Arts, and novel-based projects. These curricula offer a thorough understanding of language arts and literature, while also utilizing technology, which increases the level of personalization for each student.
• Math – California Math and iReady Math. CGP math is aligned with A-G state and UC college requirements for state standards. iReady Math allows students to practice and learn math online, which personalizes for each student.
• Social Studies – Is taught using teacher created projects and material as well Moby Max. The Moby Max program is online, so it is constantly updated to include the latest discoveries and information.
• Science – Is also taught using teacher created projects and material as well Moby Max. The Moby Max program is online, so it is constantly updated to include the latest discoveries and information.The teacher implements hands-on activities, while also including colorful graphic representations of the science drawing the students’ interest.
Our middle school has two teachers. Corona Student Center also offers a wide variety of electives for our 7th and 8th graders to take one day a week. These electives include: physical education, art, and yearbook.