Keys College and Career Prep (Keys) is an AVID-approved hybrid high school program that serves students in grades 9-12. Keys students are assigned an Educational Specialist (ES) who meets individually with parents and students to personalize an academic plan based on their strengths, goals, and challenges. Weekly meetings are held in person and parents may join virtually by invitation or for general parental inclusion.
Keys students attend the Study Zone for their in-person meetings, independent work, collaborative peer sessions, tutorials, and small group instruction. The Study Zone is open to all Keys students 3 days per week. Study Zone mandatory attendance varies by grade level and progress from 1 to 3 days per week. Keys College and Career Prep Study Zones are located in the following areas: Hemet, Indio, Cherry Valley, Santa Ana, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, and Temecula.
For additional direct instruction, Learning Center courses are offered 2 days per week in person or virtually at most of our Keys locations.
Imagine a high school
- Where your teacher believes in you and your abilities to be successful
- With a drama-free environment
- Where you may be involved in Internships, Career Technical Education courses, and/or concurrent enrollment at college
- Where you can earn credit pursuing your passion with careers, music, or athletics
- That is a supportive and rigorous college-prep independent study program
- Where your teacher listens and cares about you
- Where you can be the best that you can be
Keys High School is all of the above and more. Keys students work independently to prepare for college and careers in a friendly and caring environment. The Keys teachers help the students discover their inner strengths and solve problems independently.
If you would like to contact a member of the Keys Independent Study staff, please fill in the form below.