A parent/Guardian may request a transfer at any time during the school year by contacting the guidance department at 951-252-8833. However, requests that are approved will only take effect on specific dates throughout the year. (See effective dates below). In order for a transfer request to become active on the next available effective date, the request must be made within (or before) the transfer request periods. The last day of the request period is always at least one week before the effective day to ensure that there is enough time to process the request administratively.
- Parents/students should always visit requested program prior to making the request.
- The student will remain in their current program until they hear from a school representative by either phone or email.
- The student is responsible to continue to attend and/or complete work assigned by the current program of study and maintain adequate progress
- Current ES/TOR will be responsible for awarding any units or grades earned prior to transfer.
- Some programs are impacted and may not have room for their student.
- An advisement meeting may be required for any student with a program transfer request.
- With few exceptions, high school student program transfers occur at the completion of the learning period or semester.
- No more than two transfers per year will be approved.
Transfer Request Period
|8/27/2018 to 9/18/2018||9/26/2018 (LP 2)|
|9/19/2018 to 10/16/2018||10/24/2018 (LP 3)|
|10/17/2018 to 1/18/2019||1/28/2019 (2nd semester)|
|1/21/2019 to 2/18/2019||2/26/2019 (LP 7)|
|After 2/18/2019||2019-2020 School Year|